Compatibility with other modules, themes or services
Both modules override the same functions in Hook.php so here is how to make it work:
- disable both modules
- enable Page Cache Ultimate (or Speed Pack) module
- in file /override/classes/Hook.php rename functions "coreCallHook" by "coreCallHookPageCache" and "coreRenderWidget" by "coreRenderWidgetPageCache"
- enable cookiesplus module
- Reload the file /override/classes/Hook.php
- in function coreCallHook, replace "parent::coreCallHook" by "self::coreCallHookPageCache"
- in function coreRenderWidget, replace "parent::coreRenderWidget" by "self::coreRenderWidgetPageCache"
Once done, you cannot disable one of these modules or you will have to perform these steps again.
If you are using the PageSpeed Apache module developped by Google (x-mod-pagespeed) then you must disable the following option so it does not override the browser cache directives added by Page Cache:
<IfModule pagespeed_module> ModPagespeedModifyCachingHeaders off </IfModule>
All our modules can run on LiteSpeed Web Server since it supports the Apache .htaccess file.
However, the HTML cache feature (Page Cache Ultimate) is not compatible with the LiteSpeed Cache Plugin since they are both working on the same layer of cache.
Which one should you choose?
LiteSpeed Cache is a generic cache which does not handle all different contexts of Prestashop. Which taxes are applied? Is there a flash sale comming up? Should I display a different content for this user because he belongs to a specific user group? Did this visitor accept cookies? etc.
Page Cache Ultimate has been created for Prestashop and it is only dedicated to this platform, it handles all different contexts and can also upgrade fast if a new Prestashop feature is out.